Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Politics

Titans Captain Calls for Accountability After Coach Hasler’s Exit

Gold Coast Titans captain Tino Fa’asuamealui has demanded greater accountability at the club following the recent sacking of coach Des Hasler. In a candid statement, Fa’asuamealui expressed concern that only two individuals have been held accountable during a challenging four-year period for the National Rugby League (NRL) team. His remarks come in the wake of Josh Hannay being named as Hasler’s successor.

Fa’asuamealui voiced his belief that the Titans’ struggles, which have left the team without a finals appearance since 2021, cannot rest solely on the shoulders of the coaching staff. He stated, “If the team or a lot of things aren’t performing or getting the results, someone has to be held accountable.” The captain emphasized that accountability should extend beyond coaches, as the team seeks to improve its performance.

Future Prospects and Leadership Changes

With Hannay now at the helm, Fa’asuamealui remains optimistic about the future. He noted that he has previously collaborated with Hannay in his role as an assistant coach for the Queensland Maroons. The captain’s current contract includes clauses that allow him to negotiate with other teams starting from November 1, 2024, for the 2027 season. Despite this, Fa’asuamealui has stated that he is committed to the Titans, asserting, “I’m signed here – I don’t have to make a decision until next year.”

While he acknowledged the difficult season that fellow star player David Fifita has endured, Fa’asuamealui maintained that he would not pressure him regarding his future choices. “I’m there as a mate to support him mentally,” he said, highlighting the importance of friendship and support in navigating personal challenges.

Fa’asuamealui also discussed the vision club owners presented to him, indicating a roadmap designed to restore the Titans to a competitive stance. “They have shown me that plan, which is good,” he said. “There’s definitely things in place to get us to that.”

Reviewing the Roster and Future Strategies

In light of the team’s recent performance, Steve Mitchell, the Titans’ chief executive, announced plans for a comprehensive review of the roster. There is a growing consensus that the club has become overly focused on its forward pack, with numerous representative players, including Fa’asuamealui, contributing to the team’s struggles.

“We’ve got a great squad, but obviously with the results we’ve been getting, we can’t expect a different result with the same squad,” said Moeaki Fotuaika, another prominent Titans player. He anticipates changes in the roster, acknowledging that “you can’t expect a different result doing the same things.”

As the Titans navigate this transitional period, the emphasis on accountability and strategic planning may play a crucial role in shaping the club’s future. With a clear call for introspection from their captain, the Titans are poised for potential changes aimed at revitalizing their competitive edge in the NRL.

You May Also Like

Top Stories

BREAKING: Big Brother fans are in a frenzy as contestant Abiola Oreyomi has seemingly vanished from the house, stirring speculation and confusion among viewers....

Education

A tragic house fire in Sanson, located in the Manawatu region of New Zealand, has resulted in multiple fatalities. According to Inspector Ross Grantham,...

Top Stories

UPDATE: A devastating house fire in Central Queensland has claimed the lives of four individuals, including two infants, leaving their father, Jake Symons, grappling...

Top Stories

UPDATE: Renowned Channel 9 newsreader Peter Overton is stepping away from his duties following a nasty fall at his home in Sydney. The incident,...

Entertainment

Clint Stanaway, a well-known presenter, has announced his departure from Channel 9 after nearly 25 years with the network. The 42-year-old sports and news...

Top Stories

UPDATE: The Six Nations has launched an urgent review into the heated confrontation between Tom Curry and Felipe Contepomi in the tunnel at Twickenham...

Top Stories

URGENT UPDATE: Police are currently responding to a significant incident at Rockhampton Airport, resulting in the immediate evacuation of the terminal and the cancellation...

Lifestyle

Toni Lamond, a prominent figure in Australian theatre and television, passed away on October 6, 2023, at the age of 93. Her remarkable career...

Top Stories

UPDATE: Destructive wind gusts are currently battering remote communities in the Top End as tropical cyclone Fina strengthens and approaches major population centers. The...

Top Stories

URGENT UPDATE: A tragic incident has claimed the life of 15-year-old Muhammed Kendirci in Sanliurfa, Turkey, following a horrifying prank involving a high-pressure air...

Top Stories

UPDATE: A catastrophic storm has just hit the remote town of Port Pirie, South Australia, causing unprecedented destruction and chaos. This storm, now classified...

Lifestyle

Skye Gyngell, the renowned Australian chef and influential restaurateur, has died at the age of 62 in London. Her family confirmed her passing on...

Copyright © All rights reserved. This website provides general news and educational content for informational purposes only. While we strive for accuracy, we do not guarantee the completeness or reliability of the information presented. The content should not be considered professional advice of any kind. Readers are encouraged to verify facts and consult appropriate experts when needed. We are not responsible for any loss or inconvenience resulting from the use of information on this site.